A filling is used to replace the parts a tooth that have been lost due to wear and tear, decay and injury.
There are a variety of different materials used for dental fillings. On examination your dentist will advise you on which type of material is best for restoration of your tooth.
- Dental Amalgam
- Silver in colour.
- Only used in back teeth.
- Comes in a variety of shades to match your tooth colour.
- Bond directly to the tooth surface for great retention.
- Strong and durable material.
- Also called indirect fillings.
- Fabricated in a laboratory and then bonded to the tooth
- Great for when the decay is too extensive to be treated with a simple filling, yet not significant enough to need a full-coverage crown.